It’s My Princess’ 4th birthday today! Where has the time gone?
- She is the girliest tom boy I have ever met.
- She is only two inches shorter than her big brother who is almost two years older than her.
- She loves baby dolls, Barbies, princesses, and dancing.
- She loves playing dress up, Legos, and bad guys with her brother. Sometimes they don’t fight.
- Her favorite colors are pink and orange.
- She will eat just about anything and like it.
- She adores her little sister and causes all kinds of trouble with her, encouraging her to make Noah’s flood in the bathroom.
- She loves sandwich hugs between mommy and daddy, especially if she sees mommy and daddy hugging each other without her.
My 4th birthday was memorable for me. We were living in a yellow house. I had cupcakes that were set out in the shape of a 4. I opened my presents at the coffee table in the living room with my friends and family. I got a jean Blossom style hat, jean shorts, and a blue t-shirt among other things. My mom gave me a sewing basket that she made the cover for.
Last year I found this basket at my parent’s house. I realized that this year my daughter would be turning four and was so excited to find it at the perfect time. I knew I wanted to fix it up to give it to her on her birthday.
I will keep the top of the basket cover as a keepsake, but I love that I am able to give the basket new life and pass it on to her.
I love turning keepsakes into gifts for my kids. It does no good for them to sit in a box or on a shelf collecting dust if my kids can play with them.